Our members have endorsed Anthony Pierce for the Alamance County Board of Commissioners.
Why? Because Anthony is one of us (he’s a Down Home member!) and because his vision for our county fits with our values and sense of equity. Our current county commission is out of balance and doesn’t reflect the needs of poor and working families across race here– and we believe strongly that Anthony Pierce can change that.
Anthony was born and raised right here in North Carolina and is now raising his family here as well. Anthony has worked as a paramedic and as county employee, and these experiences give him the insight and first-hand knowledge about how our county government operates and what it needs!
Anthony Pierce’s priorities for serving on the County Commission include:
- Creating and funding a competitive education system in Alamance County
- Creating and supporting affordable housing
- Investing in public safety and health
- Increasing diversity and inclusion to make sure everyone has a voice in their local government
- Promoting smart growth while protecting our county’s natural resources
- Making sure ALL county departments are listened to and heard
Anthony has our vote and we hope she has yours as well. We trust Anthony Pierce to not just represent us, but also to be responsive to our needs and work with us even after he is elected.
Countdown to the election!