MARY WILLS BODE
NORTH CAROLINA SENATE (Seat 18)
by Down Home Granville members
(Compiled by Amanda Baker)
Opponent: E.C. Sykes, who believes abortion “should be outlawed in all situations,” including rape and incest.
Biography and accomplishments
- Born and raised in Wake County, she now lives in Stovall in Granville County, where her mother’s family has lived for generations.
- Executive Director of a Non-profit and Attorney.
- Studied Economics at Wake Forest University
- Law Degree obtained through UNC Chapel Hill
- Appointed by Governor Cooper to the NC Real Estate Commission
In her own words
“The people of Senate District 18 deserve representation that will work on common sense, affordable solutions that are rooted in the best interests of everyone. We all want good schools that equip our children for the future. We all want lower health care costs and we all want access to the tools that will make our lives and businesses better – like high speed, reliable internet.”
“Electing people who want to find common ground for the common good has never been more urgent for our state and nation. I truly believe that we can move forward together. When elected, I am committed to working with anyone—Republican or Democrat—who is interested in passing laws that will make life better for the citizens of North Carolina.”
Count down to the midterms