GOTV Field Manager – “Down Home, Down Ballot” Campaign
Down Home North Carolina is seeking a full-time Field Manager to coordinate our 2018 voter contact and get-out the vote programs, primarily by overseeing our volunteer/paid door-knocking, as well as other tactics, including phone and text programs. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability motivate and support teams, as well as experience in project management. They will be committed to ensuring that Down Home NC meets its electoral goals, and able to handle working with multiple teams without dropping the ball. This position is an opportunity to grow your experience as a Field Manager, build an inspiring new organization, and make a big difference in statewide and local elections.
About Down Home North Carolina
Down Home NC was founded on the belief that small towns and rural areas cannot be ignored if we want to see progressive change at the state and national level. Through deep organizing, leadership development, multiracial movement building, and civic engagement, we work to build permanent infrastructure that amplifies the voices and power of rural working people and their issues.
Our key strategy is broad based civic engagement to empower multiracial, rural low-income communities to make their voices heard in the political process. For 2018, our focus is running a voter engagement program across three counties: Jackson, Haywood and Alamance, around issues of the economy, healthcare, and ending the overdose crisis. We are working in races at the county level up to the NC General Assembly.
The Innovative GOTV Projects Manager is responsible for the following:
● Managing the logistics for paid and volunteer canvases, including developing plans, managing contract staff, and coordinating materials and scheduling;
● Providing training, technical support, troubleshooting, and coaching to staff and volunteers leading and participating in Down Home NC’s voter programs;
● Coordinating regularly with Down Home NC staff to share best practices and ensure the overall success of the program;
● Tracking the progress of volunteer and member outreach in an ongoing way;
● Utilizing multiple strategies to engage voters, including text and phone programs;
● Helping to recruit volunteers and contractors for Down Home NC’s electoral program.
We’re seeking candidates who excel in relationship-building, are results-oriented, and have strong project management skills. You should have:
● A track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with and among a diverse group of stakeholders
● A demonstrated commitment to meeting a high bar and a history of getting things done even in the face of obstacles
● Experience managing multiple projects and ability to oversee staff
● Comfort with results-oriented accountability and tracking your work
● Knowledge of voter engagement campaigns a plus but is not a requirement
Compensation for this position is $45,000 annually and includes a competitive benefits package. Location is flexible, provided you are comfortable with compensated travel for field visits.
This position will run through November 2018. Down Home NC is committed to creating a dynamic, multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Candidates of color and diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Down Home NC is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply
Please send a resume and short cover letter that includes your experience working with organizations to [email protected]